Yesterday, you constructed a full AP Language argument essay. Think about the experience from beginning to end. What part of writing the essay was easiest for you, and what part was the most challenging? Why? What is one thing you would do differently on your next argument essay?

 Prompt: The part of writing my essay that was the easiest was my introduction paragraph, my claims, and my evidence. The hardest part was being able to concisely explain my evidence. Sometimes I struggle with putting my thoughts into words, and while I was writing my commentary I could think of what I wanted to say but not how to say it. On my next argument essay I will make sure that I have strong commentary. I will also make sure to give myself enough time to write a strong conclusion paragraph, as I ran out of time on this essay.

Summary: Today in class we wrote a argumentative essay.

Reflection: This will help me prepare for the AP exam in may. It also allows me to put what I have learned in practice and to figure out what parts of my writing need imrpvement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?