Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Prompt: I persuaded my parents to go to Seaside for Spring Break. My parents didn't want to go because it was going to be super crowded and busy, but I was able to persuade them. I used Ethos, Pathos, and Logos to persuade them and I told them how most of my friends were going and that it would be super fun. We had already been before so I used that to convince them that I was already aware of how to get to places and how to be safe while doing so. Pathos was the most effective because my parents wanted me to have fun and they felt like it was important for me to be with my friends. It ended up being a very fun trip and I'm glad I was able to convince my parents to take our family there.
Summary: Today in class we presented our Origin of Our Name assignment.
Reflection: Today we presented our Origin of Our Name assignment and I learned about the different meanings of peoples names and more about their culture. It was very insightful learning the customs of different cultures and learning about family traditions.
Comments
Post a Comment