Write about a conversation that changed you.

 Prompt: A conversation that changed me was when my parents told me we had to put our dog down. I had grown up with my dog by my side since the day I came home from the hospital and we have a very strong bond. My parents told me at dinner that we were going to have to put her down, because they didn't want her to suffer in the last moments of her life. She was 15 and her health had been declining over the past few years, so I knew that at some point the time was coming that we were going to have to say goodbye, but nothing could have prepared me for that. I miss my dog everyday, but looking back, I'm glad my parents made the decision to put her down so she wasn't suffering anymore. 

Summary: Today in class we completed the worksheet for the poem we read and annotated yesterday.

Reflection: This will help me get a better understanding of the poem. It will also help me be able to read and annotate poems better in the future and be able to understanding the true meaning of the poem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?