Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.
Prompt: A time when I completed an assignment without fully understanding what was being asked was in my AP World class. We had a project and I was confused on what to do, so I completed the assignment under my understanding and not the teachers. I ended up not doing very well, but many kids also didn't do well, so we were allowed to make up the assignment. If I had looked over the rubric a few more times, it may have given me a better understanding of what I was supposed to do. The next time I have an assignment where I am confused about what is being asked I am going to thoroughly look at the rubric so I have a better understanding.
Summary: Today in class we went over the rubric for the argumentative essay.
Reflection: Going over the rubric will help me understand what I need to do to pass the AP exam and to know all of the requirements for the essay. It gives me a better understanding of which areas I need to focus on the most so I can get the best grade possible.
Comments
Post a Comment