Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.
Prompt: The vocabulary word from today that I think will be most useful in the future is contemptuous. It is an adjective that means showing a dislike or lack of respect for someone or something and acting superior to them or it. A situation I could realistically use this in would be describing someone's actions if they are acting like they are better than someone else or above doing something. The word sounds very sophisticated, so using it in a piece of writing would make it sound nice and advanced. If I were to use this word on the AP tests, I think it would help me gain the sophistication point and it would show that I have a strong vocabulary.
Summary: Today in class we did vocabulary lesson 2.
Reflection: Adding more sophisticated words to my vocabulary will help me become a better writer and speaker. It will help my writings sound better and help me get the sophistication point on the AP exam.
Comments
Post a Comment