In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

 Prompt: A time that felt like I truly belonged is when I hang out with my friends. My friends always make me feel accepted and safe and like I can be my true self. I never feel like I will be judged when I am with my friends, which gives me a sense of belonging. My friends are some of the sweetest, least judgmental people I know and I am very glad that I have friends like that instead of friends that judge you. Having friends like that makes me feel safe and expected, and that is something that I value a lot in friendships.

Summary: Today in class we did a commonlit.

Reflection: This will help improve my reading comprehension skills. It will also help me get better at multiple choice reading questions which helps prepare me for the AP test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?