Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?
Prompt: A time when I made a claim and someone questioned me was when I asked my parents to buy me clothes. They asked why I needed more clothes and I had to explain and convince them why they should get them for me. I told them that most of my clothes I had grown out of, so I didn't have as much to wear. I also explained to them that they were really cute and would help make my style better. They told me I get get them because I had convinced them it was a good purchase by providing and explaining my evidence.
Summary: Today in class we watched and analyzed the OJ Simpson trial.
Reflection: We watched and analyzed the OJ Simpson trial and focused on the evidence. Learning how to use strong evidence in my writings will help make my writing stronger.
Comments
Post a Comment