As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?

Prompt Response: As I grow older I think I will have to stand up and debate politics the most. This is because as we are progressing in society, politics have become a major topic for arguments/discussions. Many people are hated or canceled for simply believing in something they stand for. No matter what side of politics you are on someone is going to find something that they disagree with, which can lead to debates/arguments. This can be between family, friends, or random people who know your opinion. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing though. I think it is important to have these discussions/ debates as long as they stay respectful because it can teach you a lot about a person or something that you weren't aware of before.

Summary: Today we took notes on Argument and went over Ethos, Pathos, and Logos.

Reflection: I learned what an argument is and further developed my understanding of Ethos, Pathos, and Logos. This will help me have a better understanding when reading/listening to something as to what rhetorical device the author/speaker is using to get their point across.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.